Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to... after a Masters in ERP from Victoria Uni Melbourne?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have started my Masters in ERP in Victoria Uni Melbourne, 1st semester this year. Because I'm very new to the SAP world, I have read a lot of comments made by experts in the industry. So far what I saw was, I got to gain experience in the industry not only the qualifications. Some discussions suggested that I have to get to an Entry level job. After seeing all these comments, questions that I look for answers in the SAP community will be

• After the Masters degree what are the entry level jobs that I should look for?
  • What are the certifications that might improve my knowledge and probability of secure an employment ( Professional qualifications other than SAP certs. Such as Cisco or Microsoft)
  • What are the pathways to take if I'm heading towards BI or HANA?

I'm aware that the SAP community might not be able to give me an answer that always makes me happy. Bitter or sweet your experiences and suggestions will be really helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuwan,

Have a look at Advice for Students Interested in a Career in SAP.

Also, you may find other blogs collected at SAP Career Blog Links helpful.

Your best foothold would be to work very hard to get an internship while you are still in your Master's program. If you jumped straight from Bachellor's to Master's without work experience in between, you are still going to be looking for basic business analyst type jobs initially, perhaps without direct SAP contact or as an SAP end user.

Since you are still in school, you might have a chance at getting picked up by one of the big consulting firms when you graduate. You'll need to be ok with the consulting lifestyle (away from home 5 days/week) and you may not get to pick your concentration. When the big consulting firms hire, they tend to hire bright folks and then fit them in the slots where they need bodies without asking those bodies if that's the kind of work they want to do. You might end up in an Oracle practice or a general IT practice rather than an SAP practice.

Anyway, I hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuwan,

Have a look at Advice for Students Interested in a Career in SAP.

Also, you may find other blogs collected at SAP Career Blog Links helpful.

Your best foothold would be to work very hard to get an internship while you are still in your Master's program. If you jumped straight from Bachellor's to Master's without work experience in between, you are still going to be looking for basic business analyst type jobs initially, perhaps without direct SAP contact or as an SAP end user.

Since you are still in school, you might have a chance at getting picked up by one of the big consulting firms when you graduate. You'll need to be ok with the consulting lifestyle (away from home 5 days/week) and you may not get to pick your concentration. When the big consulting firms hire, they tend to hire bright folks and then fit them in the slots where they need bodies without asking those bodies if that's the kind of work they want to do. You might end up in an Oracle practice or a general IT practice rather than an SAP practice.

Anyway, I hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom