Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from Other CRM to SAP CRM Functional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, 

I am working as a Techno-Functional CRM consultant for last 5+ years on Sage CRM. I have done end to end implementation of CRM projects in mid level organizations (4). I have handled roles involving client interaction, Requirement Analysis, Technical Design, Customization,Coding, Testing, Configuration, track project work and report work status for team.  I do have hands on exp. on MS Dynamics too.

Now my career has been stuck due to non availability of many opportunities in Sage CRM. Please suggest to me how I can move to SAP CRM on a functional/Technical side and what are my chances of getting an opportunity to work on the same in any organization?

Thanking you all for your time and efforts.

Regards

Abhi        

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

You are a prime candidate for SAP Certification. If you take a class from an authorized training provider and pass the certification exam, you should be able to make the case to a tier 2 consulting firm that your prior CRM consulting experience + your SAP certification means they should hire you to do SAP consulting. If I were the hiring manager, I'd seriously consider someone with that background since you might have a valuable perspective.

I don't know anything about SAGE CRM, but I imagine the concepts are similar enough that much of the general business knowledge will transfer and it will be a matter of learning the SAP specifics. The consulting skills you have -- client interaction, Requirement Analysis, Technical Design, Customization,Coding, Testing, Configuration, track project work and report work status for team -- are all directly transferable skills. I don't predict that you'll have that much difficulty assuming you can provide some solid references from our Sage work.

Here are some links you may find helpful regarding certification:

Other blogs you may find useful may be found at SAP Career Blog Links

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

You are a prime candidate for SAP Certification. If you take a class from an authorized training provider and pass the certification exam, you should be able to make the case to a tier 2 consulting firm that your prior CRM consulting experience + your SAP certification means they should hire you to do SAP consulting. If I were the hiring manager, I'd seriously consider someone with that background since you might have a valuable perspective.

I don't know anything about SAGE CRM, but I imagine the concepts are similar enough that much of the general business knowledge will transfer and it will be a matter of learning the SAP specifics. The consulting skills you have -- client interaction, Requirement Analysis, Technical Design, Customization,Coding, Testing, Configuration, track project work and report work status for team -- are all directly transferable skills. I don't predict that you'll have that much difficulty assuming you can provide some solid references from our Sage work.

Here are some links you may find helpful regarding certification:

Other blogs you may find useful may be found at SAP Career Blog Links

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP CRM is very competitive: even if there are not many consultants, also opportunities are limited. Certification can help, but networking can do more. I suggest you to spend some months on Linkedin (try and reach as many recruiters and end-users as you can and "taste" the field) before going through the expensive SAP certification route.

I was talking last day with a friend of mine.. he used to work as ERP (non SAP) consultant in the center of Italy; now he is a SAP B1 consultant in Switzerland.. I asked him: how did you do that??? he replied: I contacted all the Switzerland companies (in the Italian side) through Linkedin and Monster and connected to as many people as I could. Finally I got some interviews...

Regards,

Mauro

former_member184893
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisheek,

It will be hard to lookout whether their will be any future for present business after serving for 5 years. But keeping in mind for CRM experience which you have its great credit added to your profile.

You can work as a Techno functional Consultant, But for this you need to learn the SAP CRM Functional Module and also some basics in Abap for technical oriented point of view.

Anyhow if you have plan for Certification that will be better idea based on your old expereince and also for market openings. Infact Certified CRM candidate will be less in market camparatively to other moudles and also it will be easy for you to understand the concepts.

But before going to Ceritification you do the ground study about the Module which your are going to takeup Certification.

But i would like to tell some do and dont's here...

1, Don't ever resign from your existing job for studies. Today the world is very competitive so train your self to sail on multiple boats simultaneously.

2. Don't put all your investments nor into borrowings for investing into further studies your current earnings should be the source of investment into it.

3. Do keep 51% reserve for your fate and do your best for rest of 49% as even after putting your best efforts there is no assurance of success as your luck always runs faster than you.

All the Best!!!

Thanks

Nayeem.

0 Kudos

Thanks alot for your valueble suggestion.....your inputs on do's and do'nts are on the same line of thought process like mine....but i have to make switch to any other CRM product very soon as its geting tough to remain in present scenerio. The problem i am facing to study SAP is money i have to invest coz SAP authorized institutes are charging very high amount . Also. if i look for some outside training rather than any SAP authorized institutes the chances of geting a fraud trainer charging handsome money is quiet high....so much fraud on the name of SAP training.

I am also firm believer of your last sentence that YOUR LUCK ALWAYS RUN FASTER THAN YOU..

If you know any guy  working(real time) on SAP CRM in delhi and intrested in giving training on the same...it will be very helpful.

Regards

Abhishek