Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra printing and Smartforms - 100 copies limit

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using a Zebra printer for barcode printing using Smartforms. I use the drivers recommended by Zebra in their smartform manual and it works.

Problem is, I need to print huge batches, sometimes 3 thousand at a time, and the spool throws an error. I can print 100 copies, but 101 throws an error in SP01. I can preview just fine, but printing throws the error.

How can I get around this. Does anyone face this problem?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may have to change the limit of range object SPO_NUM, in transaction SNRO. Take a look at note 48284.

Regards,

Bruno

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may have to change the limit of range object SPO_NUM, in transaction SNRO. Take a look at note 48284.

Regards,

Bruno

0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem is the number of copies inside one spool request.

0 Kudos

hello,

Are you following different set of steps in print preview and print ? Can you specify more details about the error you are getting ?

best regards,

swanand

0 Kudos

The spool is generated, I can see it in SP02. If I print preview I can see the output, but if I select print I get an error in the spool request. 

I discovered through trial and error, that it occurs only when the number of copies is above 100. 101 and I get the error.

0 Kudos

It should not occur though if you are able to do a print preview. can you try one thing for me - Click the spool, go inside it. Then click settings and there in the field To Page can you put number greater than 100 and then click Ok. It may give a warning but that is fine. Now select Print directly.

best regards,

swanand

0 Kudos

I think the problem is in Linux itself. I never saw it because we never print documents more then 100 times but according to:

http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl1_lp.htm

The lpr command has a maximum number of 100 in "copies", hardly a coincidence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello joao,

Did you check the config in

SP02 --> System --> List --> Print.

Refer the below screen shot.

• If it does not work then try to request your basis to set up the zebra printer as a local printer and then configuere your IP address and try to test print.

Regards,

Santhosh