Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z-table Authorization for few users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to restict user only for one Z_table (tab. maintenace was alreay maitnatined). While i had discussion with Basis team they said that its not possible to restrict only for one z-table for particular users. So could any one please let me know how could i restrict only for one table only for few users.

I am trying by creating one Z-tcode and calling this table (same as SM30), but not able to control the changes. i.e all users have display mode and few authorized users need to have access to change the table.

looking forward for ur reply..

cheers

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating the Table maintanence, we have an option to give the authorization object, so create an object(Contact basis people for this one) for those users who wants the access , and enter this object in SM30

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi you can create an Authorization-object and using that restrict the access to only some users..

In general you can use S_TCODE to do the same

For chking this go to SE38 --> press PATTERN button --> click AUTHORITY-CHECK --> S_TCODE --> ENTER

Reward if helpfu..