Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working on Well Creation Program using BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to be create well using standard BAPI

'BAPI_WELLID_CREATE'. T-code is O3U_Wl1.

When I am calling this bapi into my program it's not creating entries in O3U_Wl3.

Can anyone please help me out?

Thank-You,

Sony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are u using COMMIT WORK after BAPI call.

Call function module BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT to commit changes.

Message was edited by: Ashish Gundawar

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are u using COMMIT WORK after BAPI call.

Call function module BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT to commit changes.

0 Kudos

Yes...I am calling that too....But when I try to execute that BAPI call in se37 but its saying Well is saved... when I goto T-code O3U_Wl3 but I can't see that entry....

0 Kudos

Are you doing it using ? If you are testing this BAPI in SE37, you have to call the commit BAPI also as a sequence, not as a seperate SE37 call. In your program, you can call them one after the other.

0 Kudos

I am not able to see this bapi in my system but just to add a note here -

Check in BAPI Code if there is something like this at the end of fm.

IF lf_commit_requested NE ' '.

COMMIT WORK.

ENDIF.

If it is present, keep a break point at IF statement. Set IF_COMMIT_REQUESTED in debug to 'X'. And see. This will save data.

You may have to try this explicitlye in custom program. Some BAPIs save data only when they are used in a custom program. So create a custom program, pass parameter values, call bapi and use COMMIT WORK. This should help you out. It is strange but it has worked for me.

0 Kudos

Thanks for all your efforts....It is working....

0 Kudos

Can you reward and close the post please?

0 Kudos

How to reward? I have closed the question....

0 Kudos

I am not sure as i have never opened any thread. But when you close thread, it should ask you to rate responses and based upon helpful, solved answer all these comments, points will get awarded. Hope this helps.