Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflows : PCR workflows not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had configured EP and activated MSS and hence the Personal Change Requests also.

Well, when I am able to submit certain workflows, my workflow gets triggered well when the PCR is created. But when I am creating certain other types, my workflows are going in ERROR Mode.

when I checked the error, I am getting problem with 50000134. And then I check the corresponding Standard Template WS50000041 also. Except at this rule point, everything is fine...I feel.

Well, we are running on ECC 5.0 and EP 6.0.

So could anyone help me out for this problem.

Did anyone come across this a similar problem.

Regards,

Raja Sekhar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja Sekhar,

1. On which PCR are you getting the error?

2. What does the Workflow log say?

Suresh Datti

4 REPLIES 4

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja Sekhar,

1. On which PCR are you getting the error?

2. What does the Workflow log say?

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

The workflow template ProcessPCR_1 is assigned to the following change requests:

Request Special Payment

Change Position

Change Position (Enhanced)

Request Promotion

Request Separation

Request Separation (Enhanced)

Well, when I tried to create a PCR on any one of the above ACTIONS in my EP through MSS, the workflow ProcessPCR_1 gets triggered but going to ERROR mode. Well I checked the ERROR log and found out that <b><i>Rule 50000134</i></b> had failed.

So, I dont know what should be done for this rule to determine the agent.

Hope this explanation about the problem will be enough.

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

0 Kudos

Raja Sekhar,

Rule 50000134 is using FM HRWPC_PCR_APPROVER. This FM is looking for a rule container element ApproverRoleId which comes from container element Approver1_RoleId of the WF ProcessPCR_1. This is another rule id. The FM uses this rule to determine the agents. This has an initial value of 50000133 in the template def. The rule uses FM HRWPC_PCR_APPROVER_NEXTMANAGER. Verify your bindings and test the rules to see if an agent exists or not. If not you may have to check your org structure.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

0 Kudos

Yes Ramki,

I found the same solution yesterday.

Well, I thought that this RULE 50000133 works similar to Rule 168. But this rule works in a different way.

Well, when I checked the entire coding of this rule, I found that it is taking the Person attached to Chief Organizational Unit. So this rule is used to determine the CHEIF of the topmost hierarchy.

Thanks Ramki.

I hope these below links will help other persons in future.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/91/4861f185094d2eb2fc829cd8052963/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/91/4861f185094d2eb2fc829cd8052963/frameset.htm

Regards,

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>