Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got a requirement like a mail will be sent to supervisor to take a decision and if doesn't take a decision in some time (say 1 minute) then the mail will be forwarded to another supervisor to take the decision and the first suoervisor's should not be able to take the decision now. How should i do this? Please help me i am new to workflow.

With Regards

Birendra

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

chk the link below.It might help you out.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCBMTWFMPA/BCBMTWFMPA.pdf

Regards,

Harini.S

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi birenda,

This is a bit too much to achieve if you're new at workflow, it's better to let an experienced WF consultant handle it (could be done in a day).

But if you have plenty of time, search for the internet,as well as the SAP online help for agent assignment and deadline monitoring and sending mails with workflow.

Also do the SAP workflow tutorial (it's somewhere in the SAP help, at BC-BMT-WFM ), it should take about a week to understand the basics and maybe another week to create your first flow.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Birendra,

Do this.

1. Add a USER DECISION step for supervisor and send him a user decision.

In this step, go to the latest end tab. Here u mention the time or days (e.g 1 minute).

Now below that u can see another tab named as "Possible actions....", in this click on MODELED.

There Type the outcome name.(e.g) Deadline reached.

2. Now go back to graphical mode. There u will find a new branch for the user decision named as "Deadline Reached".

3. On this branch, againg add a USER DECISION for another supervisor.

And one thing about restricting the previous user, I think after the deadline reached, if the previous user take any decision also, it wont affect ur workflow because the the previous user decision step has become obsolete that is it has been executed(it is not waiting for any decision to be made from the user).

I hope this will help u. If u have any doubts feel free to get back.

Rgds,

Prakash

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

i followed ur instructions and its working but the problem is second supervisor is getting the mail but he is also not able to take any decision. whn he clicks the mail it gets delected from inbox. How to handle it.

With Regards

Birendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

With due respects to your effort and interest in workflow,

i fully go by Rob`s thread.

For a starter in Workflow your requirement looks out of proposition. Its good that you`re stumbled on Workflow.

Your business need would be addressed by DEADLINE MONITORING in SAP Business WEBFLOW. Rather than looking through forums, better browse SAP Library and master workflow.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Birendra,

Have u mentioned the outcomes for the User decision?

And also one thing, what about agent?

For it, as of now, mention it as WF initiator

Select Expression and in text box select Wf_initiator from F4 help.

And also the workitem is sent to inbox for User decision, not mail.

And if u execute it once it gets disappear from inbox, but does not get deleted.

Rgds,

Prakash

<b>Please reward points if ur query has been solved.</b>

Message was edited by: Prakashsingh Mehra