Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workflow function modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem in my workflow email

creator submitted a request to approver through workflow.

work flow needs to send an email to approver that part is working fine for me.if request approved or rejected workflow needs to send an email to creator that part is not working for me.

is there any function module or class to send email to creator if something is there please let me know.

Thanks,

Message was edited by: priya katragadda

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

You can create a worflow container element which will have ID of request creator.

Pass this element with value of request creator as input to your task which will send mail. Your task have to used requestor ID to determine whom to send the mail.

Since you have already done half part ie. to send mail to Approver it will not be uch difficult ot send mail to Request Creator.

Regards,

Pl. reward useful replies.

0 Kudos

Sunil,

program is done sunil , but iam unable to see emails in creator inbox .can you inform me where might be the problem?

Thanks,

Message was edited by: priya katragadda

0 Kudos

Hi Priya ,

Use send mail step and set the recipent as <b>WORKFLOW_INITIATOR</b> . This variable stores SAP username of the person who has initiated the workflow .

Hope this helps .

Regards ,

Shounak M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

are you going to send the emails to the SAPinbox or any other external mailbox?

regards,

SAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

you will probably have to set a flag. If approved, end the workflow and if not, call back the first step.

The entire thing is in the loop. when approved, it will change teh flag and come out and end the workflow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create Activity (Task) and in the "Notification" tab give "Message Recepient for completion" which you want to be informed..

If helpful give points

Regards