Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This is regarding Workflow. A mail has to be triggered to the customer with "custom messages" and a link to a FI document that the user can click on and print as a smart form.

The custom messages should be entered on the fly by the User, i.e, the User should be prompted to enter a message and the link to the FI document should automatically be on the mail before it can be sent to the customer. How can I acheieve this functionality?

Any help is appreciated !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For link of the FI Document, attach the same in the task binding. For which the workflow container should be binded with the corresponding bor object method / event container.

Identify the Business object of the corresponding business document. For sending mail with custom message, the responsbile agent can double click the mail and attach any notes (this happens by default). Hence in the subject line, you can mention the agent to attach a note.

If this doesn`t suit ur need, try adhoc workflow (steps).

Hope the info is fruitful, if so reward points.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For link of the FI Document, attach the same in the task binding. For which the workflow container should be binded with the corresponding bor object method / event container.

Identify the Business object of the corresponding business document. For sending mail with custom message, the responsbile agent can double click the mail and attach any notes (this happens by default). Hence in the subject line, you can mention the agent to attach a note.

If this doesn`t suit ur need, try adhoc workflow (steps).

Hope the info is fruitful, if so reward points.

Regards

0 Kudos

Do you know of any documentation/sample code I can refer to.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link...

It will throw some light on workflow...but not sure it will help you..

http://www.abapcadabra.com/issues/issue17.html

- Sanjay

0 Kudos

Thank you guys for the info..