Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow container op. dump when sap coding uses ixml instead of xslt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have some SAP-systems with a self-designed workflow based on classes (not BOR).

On most systems all works fine, but on one system finalizing a work item via coding fails with a dump "deep inside" SAP:

While saving workflow container data the method cl_abap_typedescr=>describe_by_data_ref crashes due to a null-reference.

Through debugging I could localize the difference between the good and the bad system:

Bad system:

Method cl_swf_cnt_container->to_xml calls first the methode cl_swf_cnt_container_service=>container_get_default_use_xslt and this method sets the Parameter use_xslt to "space".

Afterwards coding runs through cl_swf_cnt_container_service=>to_xml_ixml.

Good system:

Parameter use_xslt gets the value "X", the system runs through cl_swf_cnt_container_service=>to_xml_xslt and all works fine.

So, my question: Where can I tell the system to use the correct Parameter for the "use_xslt"-service?

Comparing the workflow customizing etc. seems to be absolutly identical.

Thanks

Bernhard

Corrected minor spelling error

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Jan 5, 2012 11:02 AM

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

I have found a workaround:

The corresponding table to store the value "use_xslt" is swp_admin - and there the field cont_use_xslt.

I changed that value in the table directly to "X" and all worked fine.

Hopefully there are no side effects.

Unfortunately I didn't find the official Transaction to change that value. Has anyone an idea for that?

Many thanks

Bernhard Schallmoser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I solved the problem. The concerned customizing can by done within transaction SWPA. There the entry "Container Serialization Using XSLT" must be ticked.

But nevertheless I have no idea why this makes the system crash.

Kind regards and thanks for reading and speculating

Bernhard Schallmoser