Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the table entries be affected if we regenerate the table maintenance

former_member687052
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Ztable which was created earlier. Table maintenance was generated to the table and also around 100 entries exists in the table currently.

Now, my requirement is... I have to add a new field to the table and also have to change the maintenance view for the table accordingly. My question is, when I regenerate or change the existing maintenance view, will that affedt the existing table entries..? After changing the table maintenance view, will the table entries exist ir will they be deleted..? Please clarify.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Paddu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paddu

if the field won't be a Key field,

u don't have to delete the data in table.

Add your field in se11 and use se14 : tick "save data" and

press "activate and adjust database"

Your field will be added and your data will stay.

Than use table maintanenca generator again.

Bye

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope .

Thanks

Seshu

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I have a question. I have added the field to the table. Now, I am changing the Table maintenance generator for the table. When I pressed the 'CHANGE' button, in the Table maintenance generator, I got a pop up asking the 'Reason of Change'. I selected 'New field/Sec.table in structure'. After that, I again got another pop up. In that, 4 check boxes are there..2 for Maintenance screens and 2 for the field type.

The 4 check boxes are...

Maintenance screens

- Overview Screen

- Single Screen

Field Type/Sec.table

- Key field

- Normal field

Which check boxes should we check while changing the Table Maintenance view. The field I added is a non key field. Please provide your comments.

Thanks & Regards,

Paddu.

0 Kudos

Just delete the table maintenance and re-generate it.

Thanks,

SKJ

0 Kudos

Before changin any table fields ,check the dependcy.

add the fields in table in last and delete the table maintaince and regenerate again.

Now you are all set.

Thanks

Seshu

0 Kudos

Hi,

Choose the Normal field check box and Screen is depend on wt is already in use.Based on that u can choose either one of them.

Regards,

Vigneswaran S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Re-generating your table maintenance after adding a field won't alter your table contents but actually changing the table in SE11 to add the extra field could possibly cause problems depending on what sort of field you are adding - typically if you don't change the key of the table it will be ok. You should perform an "Activate and adjust" of the table after changing it.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paddu

if the field won't be a Key field,

u don't have to delete the data in table.

Add your field in se11 and use se14 : tick "save data" and

press "activate and adjust database"

Your field will be added and your data will stay.

Than use table maintanenca generator again.

Bye