Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to check the long text values

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i execute the Read_text, the output of this function module shows the long text. where to go and check this is the long text for this object. Is there any table. For text object i can go to s01o and check but how to check for AUFK table.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anitha,

The text has got adopted status and is not stored in the text ID tables STXH and STXL.

Example :

Purchase order texts can be adopted from Info record or material master. All the texts finally gets stored in table STXH with different text application objects. Incase of PO header text it is EKKO and PO Item text it is EKPO. Even if the texts are adopted from either of these, there is a possibility that it can be altered at PO level. Here it will get stored with object EKKO or EKPO.

There is no need to store this at PO level if there is no change made to the text at PO level,.

Try these: Check for texts in EKKO or EKPO ( depending on header or item level)

If no text gets returned back check in object EINA for info record or MATERIAL for material master long text.( table is same i.e. STXH)

In case of table "AUFK" you can get OBJNR plese use this for reading the text.

Lanka

0 Kudos

then how do i check the values i am reteriving is correct or wrong. is there any way to go and check, except using the function module read_text.

0 Kudos

Hi Anitha,

Please check the document and see the long text with the data retrived from function module.

Lanka

0 Kudos

You can check in the long texts of the transaction of whose long text you are trying to retrive.

0 Kudos

Long texts can be maintained for several objects. There are transactional data objects such as sales order, purchase orders, in your example a production order etc and then there are master data objects sucha material master, BOMs, workcenters etc. To verify if the read_text function module retrieved the correct text, you will go to the display transaction of the corresponding object and verify.