Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where in memory is interanl table stored

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recorded BDC for SAP transaction VCC1 which involves clicking multiple buttons and finally clicking print button, setting the print timing to send to spool(not print immediately).

The printing recording does not work as BDC does not support control framework in background (BDC program will run in background). Also reprot RV21A010 designed for background authorization does not meet my criteria of authorizing deliveries, it only works for sales docs., so do not suggest that.

Now coming to questions:

1. Is there a way to turn off print immediately thru BDC recording.(using submit, set_print_param does not work as call transaction resets all. Double click on spool request attributes screen when u click print->properties are not captured in BDC)

2. IS there a way to find out where SAP stores data of a session. Any function module to access that? As it is SAP standard code no export statement exists. I have to read the data of that particular session possibly from another session. How do i achieve taht?

Guidance is extremely appreciated.

Thnx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If in the BDC you are considering the Print Dialog box, then you can uncheck the checkbox of "Print Immediately".

Best regards,

Prashant

6 REPLIES 6

former_member223537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If in the BDC you are considering the Print Dialog box, then you can uncheck the checkbox of "Print Immediately".

Best regards,

Prashant

0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not see any checkbox on my screen.

I click the print button on the toolbar, then click the properties button to see a tree control - where in i have to double click "time of printing" node in the general attributes node.

Where can i see the checkbox u r talking about?

former_member927251
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pulin,

Refer the following program to get the User Session information.

REPORT  ZTEST_IPGET                             .

DATA: BEGIN OF USR_TABL OCCURS 10.
        INCLUDE STRUCTURE UINFO.
DATA: END OF USR_TABL.

DATA:TH_OPCODE(1)  TYPE X.
DATA: IPADDR(30).

CONSTANTS: OPCODE_LIST  LIKE TH_OPCODE VALUE 2.

CALL 'ThUsrInfo' ID 'OPCODE' FIELD OPCODE_LIST
ID 'TAB' FIELD USR_TABL-*SYS*.

LOOP AT USR_TABL.

CALL FUNCTION 'GWY_IPADR2STRING'
    EXPORTING
      IPADR  = USR_TABL-HOSTADR
    IMPORTING
      STRING = IPADDR.

WRITE:/ USR_TABL-BNAME ,USR_TABL-TERM, IPADDR.
ENDLOOP.

<b>Reward points if it helps.</b>

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Print immediately default value is coming frommur user profile, uncheck 'Output immediately' from defaults in ur user profile.

2. The itab data you are trying to get from internal session should be in the same call stack as the sessiion you are trying to acess.

use the following code:

data: itab1 like the itab you are trying to access

field-symbols <fs>.

assign ('(program name)itab[]') to <fs>.

itab1 = <fs>.

I wouldn't recommend writing BDC program to VCC1, instead use submit because it's a report program.

Regards

Sridhar

0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

As there are many programs scheduled for this user - i cannot (do not want to) change his user profile settings as it might affect other programs that need printing.

Tempororily swithcing off in the database and switching it on after this program in USR01 is risky.

I have created a dummy sele. screen same as VCC1 and then recorded BDC for my program - as there are multiple buttons to be clicked before i reach the print stage. This is done as in BDC it is difficult to handle select options - my criteria is not fixed - it can be anything, so i build BDC dynamically by reading selection screen.

If i use submit for my BDC recorded program - the report will not proceed further after displaying the ouput so your code will not be executed. If i use submit and return the session will be lost - am i correct. Also in call transaction a new session is created - so i need to access internal table of session(2) from this session-1

Hope its something wierd.

0 Kudos

Try using function module SET_PRINT_PARAMETERS to set do not print immediately.

It's not possible to access itab data from lost sessions.

Try finding user exits in the standard program or change standard code and use export to memory.

Regards

Sridhar