Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I configure the Extended Messages Text appears or not appears ?

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a user who can not see the extended message text of any SAP error messages, if other user give double-click on the error messages, appears the window with the extended message text; but only with this user if he gives double click, the window does not appears.

Does some body knows where can i configure the user would be able to see the extended messages text ?

Regards

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never heard of this happenning. I wonder if the message is displaying but outside of the visible screen area. When the user double clicks on the message, does a new task show on the taskbar (generally at the bottom of the screen)?

If so, does the user have low Windows screen resolution?

If yes to both, try going to the control panel and change the display to a higher resolution and see if that helps. If it does and the user wants to keep the old screen resolution, move the message to the left of the screen and change the screen resolution back. Messages should now appear on the screen.

Rob

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never heard of this happenning. I wonder if the message is displaying but outside of the visible screen area. When the user double clicks on the message, does a new task show on the taskbar (generally at the bottom of the screen)?

If so, does the user have low Windows screen resolution?

If yes to both, try going to the control panel and change the display to a higher resolution and see if that helps. If it does and the user wants to keep the old screen resolution, move the message to the left of the screen and change the screen resolution back. Messages should now appear on the screen.

Rob

sridhar_k1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does it happen on one front end PC or all PCs if loged in using the user ID?

Try Setting F1 help in modal dialog box(R/3) in system menu Help->settings for that user.

Regards

Sridhar

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is related to user's setting, click on options button on top right side. There you can control whether to display information message etc..settings..

Regds

Manohar

0 Kudos

Hi Manohar

I just see the next buttons:

Edit Goto Enviroment System Help

Wich button do you refer ? , in HELP button and SETTINGS option ?

Thanks

Frank

0 Kudos

Does somebody knows ?

Thanks in advanced.

Regards

Frank

0 Kudos

TO set extended help text display in dialog box:

In the initial screen after login:

Menu item HELP (last one in the top menu): click on Help, then select Settings, In the popup window, select F1 help tab, click on radio button 'In modal Dialog Box(R/3)', click on enter, then try to display the message text.

Regards

Sridhar

0 Kudos

Hi Sidhar

I tried changing the buttons: 'in Performance Assistan' and 'in modal dialog box (R/3)' , but in both cases the extended message text appears whwn i give double-click in an error message, the unique difference is the window type wich appears.

Is there other point whera i can set on/off the extended message text ?

Thanks

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think the extended message can be turned off. (Why would SAP want to do that?) I still think it could be a Windows problem. Did you try what I suggested, or have you talked to your network people.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob

Thanks for your response. I did not checked the windows because the problem only occurs with the SAP user; that is, if i sign on SAP in the user's computer with my SAP user, it works OK : i had two sessions in his machine, one session with my user and one session with his user, and only in his session occurs the problem.

Maybe this is a SAP Basis problem.

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you sign on to SAP using your userid, are you logged on to the network under your or the user's network userid?

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does this happen in one particular transaction or all transactions? Does it happen only with E(rror) messages or I(nformation), W(arning) as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check the options in 'Customizing of local layout'(a little colorful icon next to the '?' icon). Select options tab and see if the checkboxes for the 'Messages' section are checked or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi frank,

check these links:

http://help.sap.com/search/highlightContent.jsp

regards,

keerthi.