Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what will happen when i put breakpoint b/n select and endselect

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

experts

can u help me pzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

It will give you a dump..

thanks

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to place the Commit or ROLL BACK between the Select and endselect, if this SELECT and ENDSELECT is a small amount of the data then it will execute, if this is working on huge amount of data, then this will go Dump ...

Regards

SUdheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may get a Short Dump, due to the fact that the debugger does an explicit commit work which disrupts the LUW in the current program and causes a dump.

<b>Reward points</b>

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think ... nothing will happen.. it will take u to the debugger..

Regards

Prax

former_member150733
Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as you are the <b>only user</b> (only you are using the username for debugging and no one else) debugging nothing will happen - it will just take you to the debugger and debugg the code.

Regards,

Anish Thomas

<i>Pls reward all useful answers</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think if you tried it yourself yuo would find out... How long would it take to write a bit of code like

select * up to 10 rows
from mara
into ls_mara.
breakpoint.
endselect

And then run it?!

Oh look - I just wrote it in a matter of seconds.

Seriously, why do you need to ask questions like this in a forum?! It's a waste of your time and everyone elses. You could have written the code and found out for yourself quicker than logging into SDN and posting this.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't debug a SELECT... ENDSELECT part of the code.

It results in a dump.

Regards,

Pavan