Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's external break-point?

former_member207732
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is external break-point? Where can I find corresponding materials?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

BREAK-POINT defines an unconditional checkpoint. If the program reaches an active breakpoint during dialog processing, program execution is interrupted and the system switches to the ABAP Debugger. An inactive breakpoint will be ignored and program execution will continue with the statement following BREAK-POINT.

There is enough help in ABAP editor. (press F1)

10 REPLIES 10

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How break point is realted to material..

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know the meaning and how to use it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

WIth out setting Break point in the code, we can set the break points externally ..

I am not sure some times i used to get a popup to ask session break point or external break point...

regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

BREAK-POINT defines an unconditional checkpoint. If the program reaches an active breakpoint during dialog processing, program execution is interrupted and the system switches to the ABAP Debugger. An inactive breakpoint will be ignored and program execution will continue with the statement following BREAK-POINT.

There is enough help in ABAP editor. (press F1)

0 Kudos

When an external break point is activated , they will work like normal break point when they are called from for example browser (BSP application, Integrated ITs application). sometimes its also called HTTP breakpoint.

Exteranl break points are used for debugging, BSP applications, BW webquery/template , etc.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b0/940640555ae369e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards

Raja

abdul_hakim
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The break point which u define statically in the code BREAK-POINT is called external break point.

REgards,

Abdul

0 Kudos

thats generally called hard coded and soft break points.

external breakpoints are called http break points. this for debuggin the application when called from external sources.(example browser)

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi,

Then what's the difference between external breakpoint and session breakpoint?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi Long

Externel breakpoint will always debug the program in your all sessions but if you have used session breakpoint this will work only in your curent session. It wont work once you log-off your current session.

And also FYI this (session breakpoint)will be active in only your session not in other user's whereas external breakpoint will work in your session as well as other's even you have logged in more than once.

Hope it helps

Reward points for helpfull answers

Message was edited by: Amit Kumar