Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the requirement to use screen element - BOX ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Pls. let me know that Why do we use screen element BOX, while designing the screen in SE51 of a module pool prog.? I looked F1 help, but, did not find any!

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mostly for ergonomic purposes as the other poster mentioned. However, it is also used to control the tab order of a screen. SAP tabs left-to-right and top-to-bottom. If you want to affect that tab order, you would use a box to group fields together and tab within the box before jumping to other fields.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Use of BOX does not give any functionality in Module pool program.

I think it is used to showcase group similar type of fields in a box, so tht person who is using application can understand and view it in a little better way.

we can also give a title to it so tht it makes people understand tht, tht particular box is for what purpose and contain fields regarding wht thing.

hope the info provided helps u...

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mostly for ergonomic purposes as the other poster mentioned. However, it is also used to control the tab order of a screen. SAP tabs left-to-right and top-to-bottom. If you want to affect that tab order, you would use a box to group fields together and tab within the box before jumping to other fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brad Bohn for providing more information...