There is a slight difference btwn 4.6,4.6c,4.7ee .for ex. in c.m.r (customer master record the last tab partner fuction comes at a time in 4.7e.e. but it is big task in 4.6c . and some advantages in 4.7e.e
- SAP 4.7 has all the features such as development workbench, transport management system, monitoring, versioning and business object repository of already existing SAP 4.6C.
- Web Application Server6.20 of 4.7 includes all the features of SAP Basis of SAP 4.6C.
- SAP 4.7 has a more structured approach as compared to SAP 4.6C from a technical perspective. It is based on mySAP.com technology, which is actually the Web Application Server 6.2C. This not only includes SAP Basis Technologies with their latest advancements but also the new features of SAP Web AS 6.20.
- SAP 4.7 is more structured even from a functional perspective as this version has been developed after functional and infrastructure developments of earlier SAP R/3 4.6C.
- In SAP 4.7 the functional and infrastructure developments are made on separate levels. The functional developments are made in the Enterprise Extensions and infrastructure developments are made in the Enterprise Core unlike SAP 4.6C in which both the developments take place within the systems.
- SAP in its Web AS has additional enhancements in the form of package concept, global parameterization with business configuration sets, Unicode compliance and accessibility that are not present in 4.6C.
- SAP 4.7 Core supports the above-mentioned enhancements that SAP 4.6C does not.
- SAP 4.7 unlike 4.6C has Enterprise Extensions that can be separately deployed and have their own releases.
in 4.7 e version
- eliminate some fixed limits on buffer sizes
- eliminate fixed limit on include nesting.
- use configure check for mkstemp(), use that function in preference to
mktemp() if a working version is found.
- move strstr.c into strkey.c to avoid zero-length object
- improve configure check for gcc version, from ncurses.
- update config.guess, config.sub