Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wat is the differece between line type and table type,also explain

Former Member
0 Kudos

TYPES ITAB TYPE SORTED TABLE OF LINE WITH UNIQUE KEY COLUMN1.

TYPES VECTOR TYPE HASHED TABLE OF I WITH UNIQUE KEY TABLE LINE.

TYPES DEEPTABLE TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF DEEPLINE

WITH DEFAULT KEY.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

HI,

Table type decides how that table can be accessed. Like standard tables can be access using INDEX and HASED TABLES using KEY and SORTED using BOTH.

LINE TYPE is nothing but the STRUCUTRE of each row of your internal table. say your ITAB is of TYPE TABLE OF SPFLI then your line type is SPFLI strucutre.

SORTED TABLE can be created with uniquie key or non unique key. Unique key means you cannot store two rows with same data for fields comprising the key of the table.

HASHED tables are alwways unique so only KEY access. The order is not mained in HASHED tables where as it is mainted in STANDARD Tables in SORTED order is always adjusted according to the KEY of the table.

Regards,

Sesh

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

HI,

Table type decides how that table can be accessed. Like standard tables can be access using INDEX and HASED TABLES using KEY and SORTED using BOTH.

LINE TYPE is nothing but the STRUCUTRE of each row of your internal table. say your ITAB is of TYPE TABLE OF SPFLI then your line type is SPFLI strucutre.

SORTED TABLE can be created with uniquie key or non unique key. Unique key means you cannot store two rows with same data for fields comprising the key of the table.

HASHED tables are alwways unique so only KEY access. The order is not mained in HASHED tables where as it is mainted in STANDARD Tables in SORTED order is always adjusted according to the KEY of the table.

Regards,

Sesh

0 Kudos

TYPES: BEGIN OF LINE,

COLUMN1 TYPE I,

COLUMN2 TYPE I,

COLUMN3 TYPE I,

END OF LINE.