Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning message worked same as error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have using a warning message(message W010) in my report program after 'end-of-selection'.

but when i execute it, it works same as error message and program exit.

when i change the code to "message S010 display like 'W'", the program runs correct.

does anyone tell me why using waring message directly can not worked fine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Wei,

Have you tried doing an F1.? I did an F1 out of curiosity & found out clearly the reason for this behaviour.

When you use "W" message in END-OF-SELECTION block, the processing is stopped & an empty screen with no GUI status will be shown.

But if you code:

message S010 display like 'W'

, you are displaying a "S" message as a "W". Hence your processing is not stopped although you get a "W" message in your status bar.

Do an F1 & check for further info.

Cheers,

Suhas

2 REPLIES 2

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Wei,

Have you tried doing an F1.? I did an F1 out of curiosity & found out clearly the reason for this behaviour.

When you use "W" message in END-OF-SELECTION block, the processing is stopped & an empty screen with no GUI status will be shown.

But if you code:

message S010 display like 'W'

, you are displaying a "S" message as a "W". Hence your processing is not stopped although you get a "W" message in your status bar.

Do an F1 & check for further info.

Cheers,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally message types A,E,I,,S,W,X behaves diffrently in different events like initialization,at selection-screen,start-of-selection and end-of-selection.

Check the following link ..

[message Behavior|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9f/dbaae335c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm]

Example:

message 'write ur message inside quotes' type 'S' display like 'W'.

Regards

Kiran