Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

volume testing of IDOCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Can you give me an ovrview of volume testing of IDOCS both inbound and outbound? I understand we schedule a batch job and run it. Is that it?

Let's say I am simulatin volume testing. Does that mean I collect IDOCS (by changin the partner profile of every EDI partner) and then run RSEOUT00 and see if it all changes to status 03? I am not sure what Ive got to do? I am definitely new to this EDI area.

I wud like to know howto do this and what all I have to see when I do volume testing? Please help me on this.

Thanks.

-vkeyan.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keyan,

You can do it in multiple ways.

Of course, like you have said, do a COLLECT IDOCS and see that all the IDOCS are triggered at the same time.

Second options, is WE19, where in you can specify the no. of IDOCS to be generated - this is lot more easier to do.

Have a dummy reciever, could be your testing / development SAP system as a reciever and get all the IDOCS there for performance testing.

regards,

Ravi

note : Please mark the helpful answers.

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zv,

Usually the volume testing will test whether the applicaton server can handle the high volume of batch IDoc processing or the IDoc interface is correctly design for mass IDoc processsing.

For example, if the application server is too slow and almost reached maximum its capacity while processing high volume IDocs, perhaps you may consider to have dedicate application server for IDoc processing ONLY. It means NO dialog users will be able to log to this server and they have to use other server to process their requests.

For inbound processing, you can measure the performance with/without taking advantage of the parallel collective processing functionality. For parallel processing, a RFC server group needs to be created (SM59 -> RFC -> RFC Group). You should set to trigger by background program (partner profile) for optimal performance. This means that IDocs will be collected and posted when the report RBDAPP01 is scheduled to run in batch according to a certain periodicity.

You can also test with different packet size values such as 50, 25 and 1 and see which option gives best performance. Other you can utilize message function and message code.

Above examples could be applied for outbound IDoc processing as well.

Hope this will help and give you an idea.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto