Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User interface Design question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am working on a workflow design that will do some pre-processing before creating and changing customers in MDM.

The workflow will operate on the ABAP side of the WAS 7.0.

My problem is that the user community has seen the SAP Gui and they don't like it. To minimize the training issues the requirement is that the User interface needs to retain the look and feel of the current UI which is web based.

What are my options for presenting a workitem to the user

in a web based format?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well, since you mentioned that you will be developing on WAS 7.0(you must be on ramp-up, lucky dog!!!! ) why not try out the new Web Dynpro for ABAP. It is a web based standard user interface. Web Dynpro for Java has been used for a while now, and seems to be accepted very well, WDA looks exactly like it. The development of both are almost the same as well.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

3 REPLIES 3

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well, since you mentioned that you will be developing on WAS 7.0(you must be on ramp-up, lucky dog!!!! ) why not try out the new Web Dynpro for ABAP. It is a web based standard user interface. Web Dynpro for Java has been used for a while now, and seems to be accepted very well, WDA looks exactly like it. The development of both are almost the same as well.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Thanks Rich,

Having done a little reasearch, it seems to be the best of a couple options and will most likely have other applications within our project. Might as well jump in with both feet!

Thanks again,

Brent

0 Kudos

Sure, your other option would be to use BSPs in the ABAP environment. They look almost the same if you use HTMLB inside the BSP. You don't have to though. That is one major difference between BSP and WDA. In BSP, you can make your page how ever you want, in WDA the UI is a standard look and feel.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Message was edited by: Rich Heilman