Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user exit to populate data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii ,

I have to send IDOC ORDERS05 to be extended to add custom fields and code an appropriate user exit . Is there any user exit to populate data ??

They have told me to use RSEOUT00 program to send the orders05 idoc . My main concern is which user exit will I use to populate data ??what are the basic steps to populate data and send the idoc Please let me know .

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the function group "XVED" you can found user exits for EDI Orders05.

Hope this will works for you.

Lanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will be filling these custom fields in the user exits provided in the function module IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS. In here, you will see that there are a couple of user exits. Are these custom fields on existing segments or new extended segments? If it is on existing segments, then after filling every segment, the user exit '002' is called. You can use that to fill in these additional fields. If you are filling additional segments, then use the exit '011'.

These exits are called from within the call to this routine 'perform fuellen_idoc_inttab.'

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SMOD transactio code...give the enhancement name as MM06E001 and check the components

the FM exit is EXIT_SAPLEINM_016.

here u need to write the code as per your enhanced segments.

Check others if possible,.

0 Kudos

Sorry its not EXIT_SAPLEINM_016.

The exact one is EXIT_SAPLEINM_002...thanks Ranjith

0 Kudos

Hiii ,

I need to know if there is any other User exit to populate data for IDOC ORDERS05 . I also need to add custom fields to it . So please let me know

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note that user exits provided in the function module IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS.

Use T/Code SE80 and explore function group "XVED". This will give you all the user exit functions in IDOC_OUTPUT_ORDERS.

You can write your code in Zinclude programs .

Ex: ZXVEDU03

CASE SEGMENT-SEGNAM.

WHEN 'E1EDK01'.

CLEAR: WK_PLANT, WK_EQUNR, WK_BNDDT,WI_WERKS.

CLEAR: WK_PLANT_DONE, WK_PRICE_DONE, WK_EQUNR_DONE, WK_BNDDT_DONE.

CLEAR: WK_BAAN_LINE_PRICE_DONE.

CLEAR: WK_BAAN_HEAD_PRICE_DONE.

PRICING_CTR = 3.

WHEN 'E1EDK14'.

MOVE SEGMENT-SDATA TO E1EDK14.

PERFORM Z_EXIT_E1EDK14.

WHEN 'E1EDP19'.

XVBAP = DXVBAP.

MOVE SEGMENT-SDATA TO E1EDP19.

PERFORM Z_EXIT_E1EDP19.

DXVBAP = XVBAP.

and soon....

0 Kudos

Alisha,

I gave you exactly that. You can use those user exits to populate data(what data?).

<i>I also need to add custom fields to it.</i>

Can you explain what you meant by 'custom fields'? Are they added to the IDoc segments or an extension is created?

0 Kudos

Hii Srinivas,

An extension IDOC is created with new Segment . One for the Header segment and one for the item segment . In these header segment and item segment i have custom fields .

Thank you

0 Kudos

Let us say you added the custom segment as a child to the E1EDK01 segment at the header level. So in your use exit, you will loop through 'int_edidd' and insert the new record at the appropriate point. EDIDD will have the segments records in the same hierarchical order as that of the IDOC type. So a child segment of E1EDK01 should be inserted after E1EDK01 or in other words before E1EDK14.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alisha,

There is a BADI - MM_EDI_ORDERS_OUT, which has the method PROCESS_IDOC_SEGMENT.

The badi can be implemented to achieve what you are looking for...

Yuo can also implement the enhancement MM06E001(function EXIT_SAPLEINM_002) to achieve the same...

Thanks,

Renjith.