Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User exit to add custom field in vendor general tab in BP transaction

former_member674916
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need to add a custom field in vendor : general data tab in BP transaction. I am trying this with BDT framework.

But I am unable to find any user exit or BADI to add my field in this tab.

Please assist asap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

Yesterday I watched a video explaining how to achieve what you asked (the demo is for customer general data but the concept is the same): https://open.sap.com/courses/s4h15/items/40RM6ji0WGlrsxmWgeefEz . This is from the openSAP course Key Functional Topics in a System Conversion to SAP S/4HANA (you have to enroll to access the content but it is not mandatory to complete the course).

Another valuable source of information is the PDF guide attached to SAP note 2309153 - BP_CVI: Guideline Version 1.14 for customer enhancements in CVI (customer/vendor integrati...

In addition to the development you need a bit of configuration, so double-check with your functional consultant who is going to do this - you or he/she.

3 REPLIES 3

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

Yesterday I watched a video explaining how to achieve what you asked (the demo is for customer general data but the concept is the same): https://open.sap.com/courses/s4h15/items/40RM6ji0WGlrsxmWgeefEz . This is from the openSAP course Key Functional Topics in a System Conversion to SAP S/4HANA (you have to enroll to access the content but it is not mandatory to complete the course).

Another valuable source of information is the PDF guide attached to SAP note 2309153 - BP_CVI: Guideline Version 1.14 for customer enhancements in CVI (customer/vendor integrati...

In addition to the development you need a bit of configuration, so double-check with your functional consultant who is going to do this - you or he/she.

0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

Thanks for the links, I checked the video and it is the same which I have been exploring online.The concept is based on creating z function group and then add custom field, but I need to understand if I can enhance the standard function group to add my zfield?

priyank_dhawan I do not understand the need to enhance the standard function group, even in the demo they used a custom function group and it worked just fine. Is it not a better practice to use your own z* function groups?