Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user exit not stopping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am MM consultant, i need help with user exit.

I am trying to test if one user exit M06B003 would be triggered before saving the Purchase Order in ME21n.

I have gone to SMOD, opened this user exit, it opened a function module by name EXIT_SAPMM06B_001.

In this function module there wasa include module ZXM06U18.

I have selected a beak point on this include.

and created a newsesion with ME21n.

when i fill up all details, and saved, it got saved and gave a PO number, it didnot stop at that user exit.

what might have went wrong. this exit is not yet used, not atleast once.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Not sure about the exit you're using. However it's important to have in mind that the user exits works only in determined code functions. For example, that exit you're using maybe it doesn't goes through when you save the document. Maybe it's for the validation when you enter some field in the PO.

You should check if this is the case. If this scenario does not fit to your requirement you should try to find another exit for the moment of saving the document with the data you need.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gilberto Li

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the User exit activated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Not sure about the exit you're using. However it's important to have in mind that the user exits works only in determined code functions. For example, that exit you're using maybe it doesn't goes through when you save the document. Maybe it's for the validation when you enter some field in the PO.

You should check if this is the case. If this scenario does not fit to your requirement you should try to find another exit for the moment of saving the document with the data you need.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gilberto Li

P561888
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What is your basic requreiment?

Regards,

Bharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to assign a user exit component belonging to a enhancement in CMOD. There you need to activate it too, then only it will be operational and your break-point will have a chance to get caught.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

You all were right,

first of all this exit was for requisition, not for PO.

Secondly i should have activated it afetr creating proj in CMOD.

Thanks.