Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exit Data Retreival

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

i am using an user exit PPCO0007, this is for production order.

in this exit i have structure for production order details , but when i trigger this i need to display related material and BOM details.

but those tables are not defined in that exit.

can anyone let me know how to display those details as well.

i mean how to declare those tables and to retreive data .

Please let me know,

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Roberts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberts K,

Check out my blog on this: /people/brad.williams/blog/2005/04/25/userexits--how-do-i-access-inaccessible-data

You will need to find the internal tables etc. that you need in the main program, and then use dynamic assign to a field symbol to point to that data in the userexit.

Cheers,

Brad

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberts K,

Check out my blog on this: /people/brad.williams/blog/2005/04/25/userexits--how-do-i-access-inaccessible-data

You will need to find the internal tables etc. that you need in the main program, and then use dynamic assign to a field symbol to point to that data in the userexit.

Cheers,

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberts,

Before I try to give you a solution, I have some questions. When you said 'i need to display related material and BOM details', do you really mean <b>display</b>? So if a production order is getting created, you want to use this user exit to display the BOM data? If it is true, then I am not sure if that is the right way to do it. Imagine a situation where you are creating a production order in the background. What will happen to your 'display'?

Please let me know if I am wrong in my understanding.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi srinivas,

Here is the scenario,

The producation is already created. when i am changing the already created production order when i save the prodcution order i need to send the details like the material nvolved in the production, sales orde that is related to it , the bom details if any present for the material .

display means i want to send the data as a file .

once i save it it should generate a flat file.

i want to write that code in the user exit.

but in the exit i have only structure related to the production transaction fields CO02.

but based on the material in the production order , i want to get the relevant data from MARA, VBAK, STKO , STPO.

but these fields are not in the User exit, i mean the fields related MARA, VBAK, STKO and STPO.

so my question is , how can i declare these tables in the user exit and retreive the relevant data.

Please let me know, Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Roberts.K