Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exit COOM0001 User Exits for Overhead Surcharges - How to use it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ABAPers,

I am a PLM consultant and on my service order costing sheet, I want to use COOM0001 user exit to calculate surcharges/ credits on my base value. Can anyone help me with understanding where does it gets invoked/trigger. The only place I have seen upto now is when I run KGI2 tcode, overhead activity allocation. Can it also be triggered from within the IW31 or IW32 tcodes. The second question is that has anyone implemented this user exit where it looks at the cost element associated with each postings on a work order and then determine what kind of surcharges to be applied.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Qazi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member182346
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems that you are a Functional Consultant.

Please follow the following simple step for any userexit to see where all its been called.

1. Go To T. Code SMOD

2. Enter the Exit name COOM0001

3. Click on the COMPONANTS RADIO BUTTON and DISPLAY

4. U get Function Modules

EXIT_SAPLKASC_001

EXIT_SAPLKASC_002

EXIT_SAPLKASC_003

5. Now individually double click on each FM and put a break point ther.

6. Open a new session and see wheather it stop at the break-points of the T. code you are looking for.

I havent used this user exit, so no comments on how it ll be use ful.

Reward points if useful

Thank-You

regards

vinsee

2 REPLIES 2

former_member182346
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It seems that you are a Functional Consultant.

Please follow the following simple step for any userexit to see where all its been called.

1. Go To T. Code SMOD

2. Enter the Exit name COOM0001

3. Click on the COMPONANTS RADIO BUTTON and DISPLAY

4. U get Function Modules

EXIT_SAPLKASC_001

EXIT_SAPLKASC_002

EXIT_SAPLKASC_003

5. Now individually double click on each FM and put a break point ther.

6. Open a new session and see wheather it stop at the break-points of the T. code you are looking for.

I havent used this user exit, so no comments on how it ll be use ful.

Reward points if useful

Thank-You

regards

vinsee

0 Kudos

Hello Vinod

Thanks for your insight into the user exit, yes I am a functional consultant but I have already done what you have asked me to do, did set up a break point on the function modules EXIT_SAPLKASC_001, 002 and 003 for base, surcharge and credit respectively. It only gets triggered at the KGI2 transaction, I am tying to find a trigger point in IW32 (which there isnt to my knowledge) currently its looking at higher level condition type only, I was hoping I could actually get to the cost element level and then manipulate the base with the surcharge.

thanks

Qazi