Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of a method in class ADD_ADDITIONAL_FILTERS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frs,

I am working in a CRM Server.

I need to make use of the method ADD_ADDITIONAL_FILTERS in class CL_COM_PRSEARCHSCENARIO_BASE. Since this class is an abstract class we can make use of the class CL_COM_PRSEARCHSCENARIO_GETLST, the same method.

Now the problem is thw method ADD_ADDITIONAL_FILTERS uses IMPORT Parameter "IT_FILTER" which is a associated type COMT_PRSEARCH_FILTER_TAB but this one refers to a interface IF_COM_PRSEARCHFILTER which is having its methods and parameters.

Now how to make use of the method ADD_ADDITIONAL_FILTERS.

Any one is having any inputs.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

But don't you think you should implement the method of the Abstract class .. that is the whole point of abstract classes.

Regards

Ravi

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

since the class is abstract ,you need to implement that class.

Regards

Vijay

0 Kudos

Yeah I know that But the class CL_COM_PRSEARCHSCENARIO_GETLST is not abstract it is Public only and it has the same method s ADD_ADDITIONAL_FILTERS and DETERMINE_STANDARD_TOOL.

The problem is the parameter(it_filter) type is a table type of interface. so to make use of the ADD_ADDITIONAL_FILTERS i need to about its importing parameter it_filter and its type.

One more thing..the method DETERMINE_STANDARD_TOOL is giving us it_filter but it is a protected one.

Hope i would get golden replies.