Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I downloaded a screen from a server and i want to upload the screen into another server.But while uploading its showing the error

'File does not contain a screen'

Can anybody plz help as why such error is coming( Screen name ,Function Group name all are same in the two servers.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

might be the versions of the servers are different thats y its not uploading.......

reward points if helpful...

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

might be the versions of the servers are different thats y its not uploading.......

0 Kudos

Hi Raam,

Both are of same version only,one is sandbox and the other is development server.Is there any naming convention needed while downloading the file into system.I am downloading a screen from a function group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ..

Please create a screen with same number and upload the screen which you have downloaded.

to uplaod the screen go to the layout then utilities- > uplaod.

Message was edited by:

Krishnan Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey u need assign same screen number as in the sandbox......................

0 Kudos

hi,

i have given the same screen name in dev.While saving what name sould i giv to the file?.say my function group name is ZABC and screen is 0100.

0 Kudos

hi,

I am using custom screens only in both servers.

I did download/upload in normal way only,but doesnt seems to work.

In the downloaded file I could see all the structures and coding also.

0 Kudos

Hi anju,

can u please tell me wat exactly is the message u are getting.

Kindly update.

0 Kudos

Hi anju,

The screen downloaded is not actually downloading the screen. it is downloading only few infomations about screen. so it is not able to upload and saying the file consist no screen.

probably u need to go with other method of solving ur problem.save ur time and energy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably we cannot upload it like this.

this requres access key to do if u are doing this with standard screen.

if u are copying it from custom screen to ur custom screen follow the path.

utilities -> upload.

It will upload. the name need not be the same and the scrrebn attributes also need not be same

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think we cannot do directly coping standard ones

regards

Giridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anju,

instead of downloading and uploading u r screen u can release u r requset to the development server right !!!!11.................... ask u basis person to enable the transport layer .......between sandbox to u dev server ....ok goahead ...

reward points if helpful.....

0 Kudos

hi,

no transport is being happening from sandbox to dev as of our project norms.We are doing evrything in local object in sandbox.I am working in DBM.So may be some service pack issues.Anyways i will recreate it in dev.

Thanks to all for ur suggestions.

Though I dint get any solution,I am closing this thread

Regards

Anju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

jst now i create a screen and transported from sandbox to dev server it worked for me ......