Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading open office file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Currently I am working in 4.7E . I want to upload the Open Office files for running the BDC ( File format is in *.ODS). Please suggest me how to upload the file? Its urgent.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use cl_gui_frontend_services=>gui_upload to upload files.

Shruthi

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use cl_gui_frontend_services=>gui_upload to upload files.

Shruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply but I have used this method and when I passed FILETYPE = 'ASC' it is giving sy-subrc = 8 and when I used FILETYPE = 'BIN' it is giving me some other things can you please tell me what are the important parameters I hav to pass and what are their values ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I had faced this bad data format issue in program because the uploaded file was not downloaded as proper string table.

This may be the same issue in your case. Is there any way youcan convert yor OCD file to text file?

Shruthi

0 Kudos

You are right .. Now I can upload the ODS file in FILETYPE = 'ASC' but it is still giving me lot of garbage values after uploading . Lot of rows with # and unnecessary values. If you are asking me to convert the file CSV format then it is not possible for me to change that because user wont do this. I think you can understand my problem... Thanks for giving the input ... Please suggest any other way to solve this issue.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The # is because by default for parameter REPLACEMENT you have passed "#" - Replacement Character for Non-Convertible Characters. Try giving space for this.

Shruthi

0 Kudos

Thanks for the guidence , But I have changed that REPLACEMENT = SPACE but still It is giving me lot of garbage values with # and my data is not uploaded any where in the internal table. Please suggest me any solution.......

Edited by: ABAP Learner on May 27, 2008 10:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please give some solution ... Its urgent and I am waiting for the response from the experts....

0 Kudos

ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE

use thios function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to use that fm but it is giving me the MS excel error

'This file is not in a recognizable format' with some other errors in a popup.

Please let me know whether it is possible to upload openoffice in sap or not ???

Thanks

0 Kudos

Any help ? please its urgent.......