Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload translated texts to a message class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to mass upload translated texts of a message class?

Eg: I have a message class with 800 messages. Now I have all the French translations for these 800 messages. Rather than going to each message GOTO-> TRANSLATION and giving language and adding text, is there a faster way to do this like BAPI or FM so that all translations are done in one shot from excel or text file?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards

Rajender Patyal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member576008
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First login to the corresponding language in your case FR.

please follow below steps.

choose change mode, pop up appears

1. click on the second button,

in the second pop up give FR,click suite button

after that 2 information boxes will come, press ENTER. finally press the first button "Oui"

It will show you the texts in English, select the text using CTRL+Y and delete that. Later copy the french text from excel. This is one of the easiest way.

After completing this don't forget to change actual language to EN.

Regards,

Nandha

9 REPLIES 9

former_member576008
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First login to the corresponding language in your case FR.

please follow below steps.

choose change mode, pop up appears

1. click on the second button,

in the second pop up give FR,click suite button

after that 2 information boxes will come, press ENTER. finally press the first button "Oui"

It will show you the texts in English, select the text using CTRL+Y and delete that. Later copy the french text from excel. This is one of the easiest way.

After completing this don't forget to change actual language to EN.

Regards,

Nandha

0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

This confuses me. Before the change you had French text in the XLS and English in the message class. After this I have English text in my clipboard and French in the message class. I think the original problem still exists.

This process just managed to change the original langauge from En to FR which may not  be desired at all.

Regards,

Shravan

0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks for the reply.

But you cannot do that. When in another language, you have can either overwrite the original language in change mode or change the original language to the current language.

I simply require to MASS upload foreign texts. Is there an FM to do this. I tried creating a BDC, but surprisingly when you come to the translation screen, the message field does not have a screen field associated to it. So, I cannot pass in the value to the BDC.

I think the only option is to go one by one and change the text manually for every text.

If any one has a faster way to do this, please let me know.

Thanks and Regards

Rajender Patyal

0 Kudos

Hello,

Rajender Patyal wrote:

I tried creating a BDC, but surprisingly when you come to the translation screen, the message field does not have a screen field associated to it. So, I cannot pass in the value to the BDC.

This is because the dialog is an ABAP list. Instead of field name, you have to use the cursor position as row number, slash, column number, for instance: 06/14 (row 6, column 14)

Sandra

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the reply.

Undersood this, but then how do I pass in the mesage text? cursor position will not help. In BDC when passing values, you always need the field, else you cannot pass in the value.

Thanks and regards.

Rajender Patyal

0 Kudos

Hi,

You must determine yourself the cursor position (you can guess it by seeing the cursor on the screen); "06/14" is to be put in FNAM field in BDCDATA, and the value to be put at this cursor position is to be put in FVAL.

Sandra

0 Kudos

Sandra, thanks. BDC was my only hope. And it works now. I simply ignored the cursor record in the BDC. Also, on my system the start position is '05/02'. But there's no harm in giving '04/02' and '06/02' and '07/02' as well as it will surely update then in all systems whichever one is applicable.

Next is creating a BDC to add it to a TR. Dont want to use the standard SE 63 report :'RS_...TORDER' and I want only the translated objects and nothing else to be moved. But this one wil be simpler.

REQUEST CLOSED.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendar,

The BDC can get too tough to write. I debugged se91 while doing a translation and observed that the below FM's are used to update. See screenshot.  

LXE_OBJ_TEXT_PAIR_WRITE is called and this in turn calls FM LXE_OBJ_TEXT_WRITE_MESS which has the actual DB statements to write to T100 table.

Before calling this populate internal table MAP_T_T100. (Defined in include LLXE_OBJTOP)

TEXTKEY
TEXT      00001
SPRSL
ARBGB
Z_MESSAGE
MSGNR
INSERT
U

U is for update and I is for insert. 

After going through all this trouble I observed that finally T100 is being updated by direct Insert/update statements. I would recommend writing a direct update program to use an XL file with language, message class, message number and message as input.  

Regards,

Shravan

0 Kudos

Thanks Shravan. Unfortunately we work in an environment where direct table updates are not allowed by any means and also only standard FMs release specifically for end fucntionalities are allowed. So cannot use these FMs either.