Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload files from ABAP to SHAREPOINT.

former_member202771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where in I need to upload files from an ABAP transaction to a sharepoint link.

Is there any particular FMs or is there any way to consume web services.

Thanks in Advance,

Anil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You could use Class cl_http_client to create a HTTP Request.

You will need to understand the API for your version of SharePoint to get your payload correct.

The Class CL_ALERT_MANAGER might be be used ass an example of how to implement a HTTP Request.

Regards,

Ron

9 REPLIES 9

Harsh9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

At present, I have been facing similar requirement. Did you find any solution? If any, please share.

Regards,

Harsh

0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Other option. Involve PI team.
Send attachment through a proxy and PI will place the same in Sharepoint folder.

Thanks,

Anil

0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I have already gone through this link which is not suitable in my case. Actually my requirement is bit different. I want to give a user interface to an end user using which user would upload a file which should be then saved to a sharepoint directory by our ABAP code.

The second approach you have advised, can you throw some more light on that.

Regards,

Harsh

0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

If you want user to directly open link.

CALL METHOD cl_gui_frontend_services=>execute

EXPORTING

document = l_url_doculink

EXCEPTIONS

OTHERS   = 1.

Give URL and sharepoint folder will open directly.

For sending attachements through proxy, check below:

Step by Step guide to develop Outbound ABAP Proxy with PDF attachment. - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

Thanks,

Anil

0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

I think there is bit of misunderstanding.

I am having web dynpro application where I have provided file upload dialog box to user. Using this file upload box, user will select the file from local file directory which I want to save in SharePoint directory.

Regards,

Harsh

0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Above mentioned front end service method, will help user to enter into sharepoint folder.

Sorry if I got your question wrong.

Thanks,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You could use Class cl_http_client to create a HTTP Request.

You will need to understand the API for your version of SharePoint to get your payload correct.

The Class CL_ALERT_MANAGER might be be used ass an example of how to implement a HTTP Request.

Regards,

Ron

0 Kudos

Hello Ron,

Can you give some more details? I am not being able to figure out this.

Regards,

Harsh

0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

The first step would be to check the SharePoint version and and read documentation on the API for that version.

If it supports HTTP Operations you should be able to create a http request in ABAP to POST to SharePoint.

SharePoint 2013 does support this.

Your Network People might have to configure firewalls to allow the SAP HTTP Request to communicate with SharePoint Host.

Regards,

Ron