Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updation made in table not getting reflected in CDHDR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am new to ABAP. I want to write a report which will display changes(updation of data) made in my table. I tried to write prg using table CDHDR. but whatever updation i am doing in my table(user created) is not getting reflected in CDHDR.

Can anybody please guide me how to do this program.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Just to add to what Gautam has said, you may need to check the technical settings of the table.

The option Log data Changes must be checked. Otherwise the table changes will not be logged in DBTABLOG.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

8 REPLIES 8

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi shweta,

cdhdr will trigger only for standard tables but not custom .

all the changes to Ztables r stored in table DBTABLOG.

REWARD POINTS IF HLPFUL.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Just to add to what Gautam has said, you may need to check the technical settings of the table.

The option Log data Changes must be checked. Otherwise the table changes will not be logged in DBTABLOG.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have checked the Log data check box. but still my table changes is not getting logged in DBTABLOG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta Pandey

As you said it is user created table. If you need to find updations in this table u need a track of changes u need to chek a check box called (Change document) which is at data element level for each particular field.

Here u need to maintain this check box checked for primary key. Then the CDHDR will be effected.

Try this. Reward if useful.

Venkat.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor

The answers so far are misleading. Change documents (CDHDR/CDPOS) and table logging (DBTABLOG) are two different ways to log data changes. Both are being used for standard and Z-tables alike.

For table logging, the activation procedure has been described already.

For change documents for Z-Tables, you need to create your own change document object via transaction SCDO and call the resulting generated function module at the end of the maintenance transaction. In addition, the data elements need to be activated for change documents as described above.

Greetings

Thomas

0 Kudos

hello Thomas,

after changing technical setting still i m not getting changes logged in DBTALOG or CDHDR.

Please help.

0 Kudos

Please confirm:

You have activated the check box "log data changes" in the technical settings of your Z-Table.

If yes, changes to that table will from now on be logged in table DBTABLOG.

To view the log, use program RSVTPROT.

If it does not work yet, I cannot help further.

Greetings

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

after changing technical setting still i m not getting changes logged in DBTALOG or CDHDR.