Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating ReportedBy field in Notifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Im trying to create an Maintenance order using Bapi BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN. Using which im able to create an order and which in turn creates notification . But I am not able to update the ReportedBy field in Notification using this Bapi. Can anyone help me to solve the issue.

Thanks in Advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii,

1. requirement to update the VBELN field of the service notification (IW52). Is there any BAPI to do this. I am using th following BAPIs, but the data is not getting updated.

BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_DATA_MODIFY

BAPI_SERVNOT_MODIFY_DATA

IWON_NOTIFICATION_DATA_MODIFY.

2.did you used BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT after these BAPI's which you have mentioned.

if not try using the same

and see this include

LIQS0F08

you will get some hints to update

3.There is function module named with BUFFER will be there

it is used to update notifcation

i think you are trying to populate wrong data that is why you are getting this message i guess "order is not a maintenance contract" ,so please check with your functional counterpart as well

can u check that if it works

regards,

Sri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using BAPI'S to update the reportedby field was not helpful, even after using commit BAPI the field was not getting populated. I had a doubt that, exit may not get called when creating an order through BAPI (BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN). But the EXIT QQMA0025 is being triggered when creating order through BAPI, where the E_VIQMEL-QMNAM field can be used to populated with the reported by name/id.

Thank you.