Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update error after all screens in Batch Input session is processed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem in processing the batch input session. The batch input session is calling F-02 to post less than 999 line items (around 700) to a single financial document. The batch session is expected to have an error because tax code is missing for some line items but even after the tax code is added manually onto the batch screen, the update error message still happened at the end of the process. In the log, it said "System error: Error when inserting table BSET". Same account has been used to post 10+ line items manually with F-02, no error occurred.

Does anyone have any idea what possible reason could cause the update error in updating the tax table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at OSS notes 116030 and 521481.

Rob

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be u might have entered a wrong tax key by mistake which is not there in the check table T007A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typically you will get this error for two reasons: 1) you are trying to insert duplicate records into the table or 2)Table is full.

See which one it is by going to SM13.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked at SM13, it error out at POST_DOCUMENT function module. However, the log does not give me the internal table content of YBSET which is the internal table that being looped during the error. Thus I do not know which entry is duplicated. However, shouldn't the keys for the BSET (BUKRS,BELNR,GJAHR,BUZEI) always be unique since BUZEI will always be sequentially assigned by the system? Why would that be a duplicated record during the creation of a new document?

Since I can still post to account with tax, so I think the table is not full.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at OSS notes 116030 and 521481.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

That is exactly what happened to us. We already had note 521481 in our system but we also have OSS 558288 in which causes our scenario not generating an error message but an update termination instead.

The other thing I found out is once tax code is entering in one of the line items, it will be copied to all the succeeding line items even for the accounts that does not require a tax code (i.e. posting without tax code allowed checked) which will significantly increase the amounts of data posted into BSET.

We fixed the issue by changing the BDC program so it will take out the auto-copied tax code from other line items. Issue is solved. Thank you. I also rewarded the points.

Minami

0 Kudos

You're welcome - Glad to help. In the future though, you might consider a BAPI. Although I don't think that would have helped in this case.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi rob,

I faced similar problem in f-02. I tried to upload the data through BAPI. It is giving one error that

post key is not defined. And in that BAPI, i have to insert the document number. But in the screen that is internal number. Have u ever written this code. Please send if u have.

rgs

p.kp

0 Kudos

Which BAPI? Is the posting key defined?

Rob