Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update EKKO table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got the requirement to update EKKO table while creating PO. The exact scenario is, I need to update email address based on some condition while creating PO.

This is what I have found:

When we create PO, the ADRNR field of EKKO would have a value. But when we change address in the PO manually then it would have ADRNR field value in EKKO. It will not change address in the vendor master record. In stead it is maintaining separate entry in ADRC.

My issue is I have written the logic in EXIT_SAPMM06E_012 to generate ADRNR while creating PO. I do not know where to update the field ADRNR of EKKO. Am I following right step. Please advise.

Thanks,

Ramesh

4 REPLIES 4

asarat
Explorer
0 Kudos

When a change is made in adress of any transactional data, the corresponding master data record is not changed. Only an additional record is addred in ADRC and a new ADRNR is assigned to that transactional data record. This is standard SAP approach.

Coming to your scenario, since you want to update a field only to your PO and not LFA1, from the PO get the ADRNR, got to ADRC table and update the email address of that particular ADRDR record.

It should be pretty straight straight-forward.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Sarat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarat,

I appreciate you for the quick reply.

When we create PO, the ADRNR field is not populated.

Without this ADRNR number, how do I update ADRC table.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sandard SAP approach is, whenever you change an address in address tab of PO the ADRNR field in the EKKO will be generated and corresponding record will be created in table ADRC.

If your only requirement is to only store mail address, based on certain condition in PO and for that PO only, then you can store then mail address in any unused field at the header level in PO which is big enough to store the mail address or you can store the mail address in any header level text which you are not using.

If this fulfil your requirement without affecting any other functionality you can dissucc with your functional consultant and decide which way to adopt.

Regards,

Pratik

0 Kudos

Pratik,

I appreciate your reply..

The exact requirement is to update email address by concatenating Fax number and @faxmail.com. They want to see that in the PO address screen. If I use any unused field or header level text, Would it show on the Header Screen. Please advise.

Thanks,

Ramesh