Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under which schema can we find the CDS view created by developers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a CDS view in ABAP perspective, named "ZCDS_DDL_IP_TEST3" in $TMP package. as  shown in the below screen shot.

Now when i tried searching the same in the HANA modeller perspective,  I could not find it in any of the catalog schemas, as shown below: (Its visible  in se11 from normal GUI, but I wanted to see where its created in the HANA catalog schema)

Can someone tell where can we find it?

Thanks,

Mohammed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Panneer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Your CDS view has input parameters. Hence in database, it is created as Table Function.

So look for the function name "ZCDS_TEST3" in HANA.

Regards,

Panneer

3 REPLIES 3

amol_samte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Mohammed Pavanna wrote:

Hi Experts,

I have created a CDS view in ABAP perspective, named "ZCDS_DDL_IP_TEST3" in $TMP package. as  shown in the below screen shot.

ZCDS_DDL_IP_TEST3 is ABAP DDL Source Name, hence it will not be available in SE11 tool.

In you case the view has been created in on ABAP layer and which is available in HDB(HANA modeler) schema is ZCDS_TEST3 and which might be available under SAPECD-VIEWS-ZCDS_TEST3

Its better to ask basis people regarding what schema has been mapped to ABAP Stack in case you are not able to find view in my suggested schema

Amol

Panneer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Your CDS view has input parameters. Hence in database, it is created as Table Function.

So look for the function name "ZCDS_TEST3" in HANA.

Regards,

Panneer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paneer,

Thanks  for your response,  I was able to  find the view in the 'Functions' folder in our  ABAP catalog schema. And the views without parameters are getting created in the "Views' folder.

Thanks to all once again.