Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to set breakpoint at statement CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION

naresh_kumar2
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI,

I am try to set break point at CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION , to know the exit name for VA01 screen.

But even after setting the break point it is not stopping . can anyone tell me wht could be the problem.

i am setting like this ,

1) entering '/h'

2) from menu BREAKPOINTS->BREAKPOINT AT -> STATMENT

3) Enter.

4)f8

mineis Ecc 5.0 version.

please let me know

11 REPLIES 11

former_member203501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did u check the system message that the break point is set or not set after pressing the enter??

Regards,

Venkat Appikonda

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I found these 2 exit modules EXIT_SAPMV45A_004, EXIT_SAPMV45A_002 using your technique. I think you're using the old debugger. When you set the breakpoint at the statement, what is the message you're getting ?

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can tell us what you are trying to do a little more clearly, we would be able to help you better. I mean whether you want the exits called during save or any other particular point.

In most cases the customer-functions are called on particular events from the screen.

So if you could tell us a little more on where you want to put the custom code, it would be great.

Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deleted..

Edited by: Abhii on Aug 27, 2010 8:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the final answer to your problem.

CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION does NOT call the function module if it is not linked to an active project. Thus, a break-point in the function module will be ineffective.

So make sure you have linked it to a project.

Also refer this nice link on wiki for User Exits.

[Customer Exits (CMOD)|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/CustomerExits%28CMOD%29]

Hope this solves your problem, close the thread if it does solve.

Regards

Abhii

Edited by: Abhii on Aug 27, 2010 8:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

double-click and forward navigate. However, if you look at the forums, you'll see many posts about VAxx exits...they're named MV45AFZ*. You have control of your screens there (MV45AFZZ), and can manipulate the contents of internal tables there. These exits are the original style, are always active, do NOT require CMOD entry to use, etc., so beware what you're reading in previous posts.

0 Kudos

hi,

thks for all ur replys.

i am getting "breakpoint set" meassage . but still it is not breaking

do we need to set anything in settings.

i hav using both new debugging or classical debugging screen also.

Actually i dont have any requriment , i am just test on this screen ,to find exits.

i couldnt understand why it is not breaking.

0 Kudos

... as Abhii explained: If the exit is not yet used (activated), the statement call customer-function is ignored and the break-point is useless.

Only systematic search for useful exits will bring you further.

Setting a break-point at call customer-function may be useful if you explore an unknown system and need to know what exits are already used by customer.

It may also help you to find exits you populated some time ago.

Regards,

Clemens

0 Kudos

Hello Ajju,

Are you setting the breakpoints "At Statement" CALL CUSTOMER-FUNCTION? If yes, i'm pretty sure the cursor should break at the statements.

As mentioned by others if the exit is not defined the cursor doesn't move inside the code.

BTW are you interested in what exits are available for the trxn or you want to see the "active" implementations ?

BR,

Suhas

0 Kudos

hi all

thanks for ur replys.

I got usefull info about this exits.

Thanks.

naresh_kumar2
Explorer
0 Kudos

k