Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI How to get values entered off the screen by a user on Save action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a screen I have created based off a custom table I have created. I would like the screen to add records to the table.

The table is ZFI_TNE_GL_ACNT and when I debug I can see the values that I have entered on the screen in the ZFI_TNE_GL_ACCNT however I do not have anything declared in my program that I can reference the data.

What am I missing?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you must have an internal table that you pass to the controller for your table control. In the event PAI, system does a Loop to the table control and saves the information into your internal table (if you wrote a correct code).

Once you have the records in your internal table, you can do a Loop and save the information in your DB table with Insert or Modify.

0 Kudos

I have an internal table that is made of the same structure of my database table. How do I pass it so that it gets filled by the values entered on the screen?

Like I said before, I can click on ZFI_TNE_GL_ACNT and it will have the values I entered, however it is not declared anywhere in my program so I cannot use it.

thanks

0 Kudos

I should also mention that I am using a 'call screen 0101' to have this screen called as it done further in the processing of my program and not during the beginning of a program.

thanks