Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Screens on single Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends ,

I have a design issue here .

We have an existing screen with name number address and other info on one screen1 . After filling these the user clicks an update push button located on screen1 to go to new screen2 where he updates other info of the same employee and clicks save .

To come back to the screen1 to enter another employee he has to push the back button on the screen2 .

The user wants to avoid doing this . Because most of the time some users just press save on screen1 and it pops up a message that some more info needs to be updated in screen2 . The users by mistake say NO and dont go to screen2 .

The user wants both the first and the second screen on the same page using 4.7 Tab functionality . I am not able to analyse what the user is really ooking for .

Please advise .

Thanks & Regards,

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can have all the fields of screen 1 and screen 2 in the same screen itself. If all the fields both the screens exceeds 40. Then u can use tabstrip controls in MPP concept, So that once enter all the values of the first tab, you can go to second tab. Also, u can put the save button in 2nd tab.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

What you can do is pre-empt the user action and do one of the two things:

1. Disable the SAVE button on screen 1 , so the meddlesome users who wanna press something, have only the update button to press which will take them to the screen 2

2. For the save button also, implement the same functionality as update, i.e. leads to second screen.

Otherwise if you want all data on same screen, but different blocks, you can put all fields on the same screen, and separate the sections with blocks with frame and title - and also program the screen 2 fields (now in screen 1) in such a way, that they open for input only when user presses Update button.

Regards,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

>After filling these

> the user clicks an update push button located on

> screen1 to go to new screen2 where he updates other

> info of the same employee and clicks save .

> To come back to the screen1 to enter another

> employee he has to push the back button on the

> screen2 .

After successfully saving, why dont you call screen 1 within program instead of staying in screen 2.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I too have a similar requirement like creating a separate tab on the existing screen.

As per one of your suggestion can anyone provide information of how to use tabstrip control.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou,

Joslyn