Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger delivery output based on Item by ABAP code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement to trigger Delivery Output (Print) based on Item rather than Header by using ABAP code.Below is the current screenshot:

Is it possible to code to change the triggering from Item not Header? If yes, how?

Thanks

Shradha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you can see in your screenshot - SAP provides 2 options to trigger delivery output - Header & Item. Hence, I couldn't understand what is the issue you are facing while selecting the 2nd option.

Please explain further.

Thanks

Juwin

7 REPLIES 7

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you can see in your screenshot - SAP provides 2 options to trigger delivery output - Header & Item. Hence, I couldn't understand what is the issue you are facing while selecting the 2nd option.

Please explain further.

Thanks

Juwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right. But if I click Item I do not find an entry as below which gets created once the print is triggered.

On clicking Item it remains blank.Let me know if any other detail needed.

Thanks

SK

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The entries there are output types configured by your SD consultant. The entries are not created through ABAP. Hence, please contact your functional consultant if you don't find any entries there.

Thanks,

Juwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree to you. So as mentioned in the original post the requirement is to achieve through ABAP due to some reason. Hence I am trying to understand if that is achievable.

Thanks

SK

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But, first things first, you need to get the functional consultant to configure the output type for delivery item. Only then it can be triggered even using ABAP.

Thanks,

Juwin

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Juwin is right - output at least needs to be configured first. Also output determination does not actually require any ABAP development in SAP, it can be configured. Saying "no, we want to do this with ABAP" would be like insisting on cutting a tree with a knife when you have a chainsaw. While not impossible, it's rather ineffective.

Not sure if there was a major misunderstanding about the requirements, you might want to go back to the SD consultant and clarify what exactly is requested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juwin and Jelena. I got my doubt cleared.