Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting "Deleted records" with TABU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have a Z table defined as customizing (Delivery Class C)

We are updating it using a special dialog program we developed that doesn't creates change request.

usually the changes in this table are small (only a few records) and we repeat the changes using the same dialog program in further environments (QA, PROD).

I have to make a big amount of changes in the table contain, most of them deletions.

I was thinking of creating a change request manually using TABU but I could not find a way of defining a delete in the change request.

when I delete a record from an usual SM30 it creates the TABU entry + the key in the change request and it looks exactly like an adding in the table.

My question is: How can I ensure that the record that I deleted in DEV will be deleted in QA & PROD using the change request ?

Thank you very much

Gilbert COHEN

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Perhaps the best this is create and/or use a maintenance view can create a change request. It could be very hard to insert manually all entries you need to update if you have to change many records.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

The reason we didnt create a Maintenance on this table is that we dont want people to use it in production.

I know the keys I have to delete, the problem is only creating the change request TABU entry keys

Thanks

Gilbert Cohen

0 Kudos

Hi

I know the problem, but you can create that MAINTENACE and not transport it in prod, so u use it in dev and/or quality system only.

Anyway I can't see any difference too, so I believe the line of kind TABU can be the same if it needs to insert or update or delete a record, I suppose the system decides which action to be done after releasing the request. Probably here it checks the record in the table:

- if it exists it means it has to be inserted/updated

- if it doesn't exist it means it has to be deleted.

So you can try to change a few record in the table (one updating and one deleting), create, release and trasport the request for these changing in QA system. Here see the result.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Max,

It seems that you are right about the Transport behavior.

I will try this

Thank you very much

Gilbert COHEN