Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Custom table entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have to add some values to the fields in my customizing table(Delivery class C).

Iam doing it through SM30.

I dont want to add any new entries but change the values in some fields.Can I make these changes and put it under a change Request and transport it to the Q and productive systems so that only these changes are made there and the other rows remains unaffected...

The reason why Iam asking this when I try to edit the table with SM30,I get a message

"Individual entries cannot be put in ChangeRequest"

Regards

K

Edited by: Kohinoor72 on Jan 4, 2012 3:57 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Make the table contents transportable by creating a "table maintenance generator" in SE11 under Utilities -> Table maintenance generator.

In that screen for the section "Dialog data transport Details" the "Standard Recording Routine" option should be selected.

Then only will the system ask for Transport request when entering data through the generated maintenance view in SM30.

If you already generated table maintenance and now setting the Standard Recording Routine attribute, you need to regenerate the table maintenance by clicking the change button and selecting all check boxes. Remember that if you created any custom events / screen modification, they need to be put back after regeneration.

Also change the "delivery class' in the SE11 table attributes to 'C' - Customizing table

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We maintain the table entries through customizing request.

Try maintaining your changes through customizing transport request.

0 Kudos

Thanks ...

That means I need only a customizing request and not a workbench request,Right...

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a workbench request edit the object list manually, inserting R3TR TABU tablename. A button will appear, clicking on it will allow you to enter the keys of the records you wish to transport.

matt

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kohinoor,

While doing transport select transport request select work bench request .Provide some descrip and then double click on the request select R3TR,TABU,ZTABLE.Here you can select the requests by key field also.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member

Make the table contents transportable by creating a "table maintenance generator" in SE11 under Utilities -> Table maintenance generator.

In that screen for the section "Dialog data transport Details" the "Standard Recording Routine" option should be selected.

Then only will the system ask for Transport request when entering data through the generated maintenance view in SM30.

If you already generated table maintenance and now setting the Standard Recording Routine attribute, you need to regenerate the table maintenance by clicking the change button and selecting all check boxes. Remember that if you created any custom events / screen modification, they need to be put back after regeneration.

Also change the "delivery class' in the SE11 table attributes to 'C' - Customizing table

0 Kudos

Thanks Guys...

Former Member
0 Kudos