Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting Change Document Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are trying to transport change document objects created in our namespace to customers. The import of created transport ends up successfully, but there are any object catalog entries for the generated includes, which should be generated during the import of the transport.

The import protocol said "Method Execution" ->  "Post-import method AFTER_IMP_CHDO started for CHDO L" ->  "Namespace ... does not exist (Message no. TO123)".

My Question is, does the customer really needs to create our namespace (SE03) with a valid license key on his system, or is it possible to turn off the namespace check. Or is there another way transporting change document objects.

Regards,

Mike Scholl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The way I understand it, you'd have to deliver the definition of your namespace in role C (Recipient) along with the objects in it... - so no need for the licence information. The tricky part seems to be getting the namespace exported in the right role: see Transporting reciepient keys for registered namespaces, and it used to involve setting the role to C in the source system (to record namespace in transport request), exporting the request, then setting the role back to P, deleting transport.

Also, make sure customer checks if the Note 1333094 - CD: AFTER_IMP_CHDO Generation incomplete is relevant for the target system.

cheers

Jānis

3 REPLIES 3

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The way I understand it, you'd have to deliver the definition of your namespace in role C (Recipient) along with the objects in it... - so no need for the licence information. The tricky part seems to be getting the namespace exported in the right role: see Transporting reciepient keys for registered namespaces, and it used to involve setting the role to C in the source system (to record namespace in transport request), exporting the request, then setting the role back to P, deleting transport.

Also, make sure customer checks if the Note 1333094 - CD: AFTER_IMP_CHDO Generation incomplete is relevant for the target system.

cheers

Jānis

0 Kudos

Hi Jānis,

thanks for a quick reply. If i understand it right, there is no way to transport object catalog entries for generated includes of change document objects, without creating our namespace with repair license key on the target system?

regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

Hi,

Hmm, if I understood your question correctly - I don't believe the generated includes and the function module are meant to be directly transported - only generated in the target system during the transport of the change document object definition. Because the CHDO generation in DEV does not include the generated includes or function group in the transport request.

And yes, the generation (creation) of includes and function group in the target system would require the namespace to which the change document object belongs. The only 'correct' way to create the namespace in the target system is, I believe, to include the namespace definition itself - in the role Recipient - in the transport request as well. Manual creation of namespace in the target system might work as well; it just feels 'wrong' to do manual changes in the target system and I have never tried it for the namespaces.

cheers

Jānis