Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting abap web services

Former Member
0 Kudos

guys,

i am developing an abap web service from a bapi in my dev. environment. It works as expected. Now i want to export this service to our QA box but there seems to be a problem. The URL of this service in my dev box contains the sap-client=100 but the client number in my QA system that i want to test the service is 800. so, thats an issue. how can i prevent this from happening or resolve it ?? Also, is there anything else i need to carry out in this qa client after i import the service. Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the person who consumes that web service need to modify the link as per the QA box credentials, if the service is for .Net they will modify the WSDL with the updated server name and port and client numbers.

0 Kudos

jay,

thanks for your input, but a quick question. They will be modifying this information in the URL of the wsdl or in the text of the wsdl where this information is listed towards the end of the file ?

0 Kudos

In the URL of WSDL..

there is some nameing convention which ppl follow for the URL.. search it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As far as transporting of webservice is concern, you dont have to do anything extra other than creating Transport request while creating virtual Interface and webservice. Get that request transported to QA or Prod enviornment. Sometimes Basis team will take care of activating webservice in target enviornment. Otherwise you can go WSCONFIG/WSADMIN tcode and activate your webservice.

Your other question was regarding client number. Ideal practice is to provide different client's details along with WSDL of webservice to the consumer application.

Hope this will help..

rgds,

PB