Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport to multiple systems using one package

Former Member
0 Kudos

My customer has one development instance that services two test and production landscapes for seperate geographical regions. This is a new installation and they are developing using packages. They currently belive that they can transport the objects from those packages to each landscape via the same package, transport layer and transport route. I'm contending that that is not possible and that they will have to create a seperate package with the same objects for each landscape if they want to transport to both. I'm a bit inexperienced at this and could use any advice available. Is it possible to setup STMS transport routes to transport to two seperate environments from the same transport layer?

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I think, yes it is possible. I remember my basis team has done something like this, but I am not pretty sure. Post your query in Basis Forum (Netweaver AS) so that you can get correct response.

Regards,

Atish

former_member189059
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

One thing that you can do is to ask you Basis people to provide the Data and CO files for your transport request

You can then send these files via mail, CD etc to any number of locations and import it into the system