Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

translate toupper case with read statement

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i amd doing as beloe

READ TABLE it_table INTO wa_table WITH KEY

cust = it_table-cust

status <> ' SELL'

now i want to translate the one field of the table status to upper case before this read or with this read statement as if i do it beofer it will be blank so i want to check it with read statement please suggest a way to do it

regards

arora

6 REPLIES 6

nikhil_chitre
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

use syntax

TRANSLATE Status TO UPPER CASE.

and then use your read statement

Regards,

Nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil A Chitre on Jun 26, 2008 4:41 PM

0 Kudos

hi

i already made my point clear that if i use trasnlate beofer read the wa has not data so that it will convert to upper case and i cannot use it after alsoas i need to read in uppser case so want with read

please read the query fullly

thanks

ARora

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> hi

> i already made my point clear ..

Obviously you didn't make it clear. And Nikhil was trying to be helpful despite your lack of clarity. I think an apology is in order.

Now, I'm still not entirely sure what you're asking, but if I guess correctly - you can't do directly what you seem to be asking. You'll need an additional field in the table just to hold upper case values.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh good. Seeing as you asked for other's knowledge, perhaps you'd care to share your solution.

0 Kudos

hi

with read its not possible to use translate statement and before reading if i use that since there is no data in internal table so nothing is converted so

i have used in my other loop in program for the same to translate the value touppse case

and mofified the internal table after converting to upper case. as

regards

arora