Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of legacy payroll data to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what are the steps to be followed in transferring legacy payroll data onto SAP.

I know we have to have the config data in tables T558B, T558C, T5U8C. Then, I guess we have to run the payroll with schema ULK9 & U000.

But, am not sure of the complete process involved.

Someone please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Parvath.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member635028
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

to the message contd.....

Batch Input

Batch input simulates the input of data by processing the normal screen of the corresponding online transaction. It ensures data consistency because of the execution of all relevant checks of the online transaction. This method is used for loading Organizational Management and Personnel Administration master data.

Direct Input

There are cases where online transaction is not available and direct data input to the SAP database tables must be performed. This technique is used for the following loads:

�� Organizational Data (i.e. Organizational units, Jobs and Positions) without OM and PA integration. The following tables are populated:

T527X.......................Organizational Units

T513/T513T.............Jobs

T528B/T528T...........Positions

�� Old Payroll Results to be imported to the SAP payroll result cluster RK. The following tables are populated:

T558B......................Old payroll period(s) to be loaded

T558C/T5K8C..........Wage types to be loaded

T5K8D......................Tax authorities

T5K8E......................Additional data (For example: Records of Employment, Vacations)

�� Organizational Data (i.e. Job Attributes, Qualification, Scales and Proficiencies). The following tables are populated:

T5K13………………. Job Attributes

T574A/T574B..........Qualifications

T77SK/T77TS..........Qualification Scales

T77SP/T77TP..........Qualification Scale Proficiencies

7 REPLIES 7

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before you run the Payroll, you have to load the legacy data either through a custom program or RPULKTIDOC or BAPI_EXTPAYROLL_INSERT_LEGACY.

Regards,

Suresh Datti

P.S. Welcome to SDN & PL reward helpful answers

former_member635028
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You first need to create a flat and then acccording to that select the method which is requied.

After you have converted the data and created a flat file, you are ready to begin the second step of the data transfer process. The Data Transfer Toolbox enables you to transfer data from the converted flat files to the SAP System. Included in the toolbox is a series of data load programs and reporting tools for the Organizational Management (OM), Personnel Administration (PA) and Payroll (PY) components. Each data load program has its own Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file that contains either a single infotype structure or multiple infotype/table structures. These programs can be executed individually or grouped during the data transfer process.

Depending on the nature of the data that needs to be loaded, the Data Transfer Toolbox uses one of the following methods for data transfer: Batch Input or Direct Input.

I think this will help u out ....

Thanks,

Sreevani

former_member635028
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

to the message contd.....

Batch Input

Batch input simulates the input of data by processing the normal screen of the corresponding online transaction. It ensures data consistency because of the execution of all relevant checks of the online transaction. This method is used for loading Organizational Management and Personnel Administration master data.

Direct Input

There are cases where online transaction is not available and direct data input to the SAP database tables must be performed. This technique is used for the following loads:

�� Organizational Data (i.e. Organizational units, Jobs and Positions) without OM and PA integration. The following tables are populated:

T527X.......................Organizational Units

T513/T513T.............Jobs

T528B/T528T...........Positions

�� Old Payroll Results to be imported to the SAP payroll result cluster RK. The following tables are populated:

T558B......................Old payroll period(s) to be loaded

T558C/T5K8C..........Wage types to be loaded

T5K8D......................Tax authorities

T5K8E......................Additional data (For example: Records of Employment, Vacations)

�� Organizational Data (i.e. Job Attributes, Qualification, Scales and Proficiencies). The following tables are populated:

T5K13………………. Job Attributes

T574A/T574B..........Qualifications

T77SK/T77TS..........Qualification Scales

T77SP/T77TP..........Qualification Scale Proficiencies

0 Kudos

hi

make use of the program

HINUULK0( for uploading data into t558b and t558c),make sure the file is in sync with the format provided!!!

next copy the ZNLK(copy INLK) schema to run the mid year go-live scenario!!

reward points if it helps!!

Regards

Gunjan

0 Kudos

Hi Gunjan,

What is the different between uploading t558c and t558d? I am implementing HR Indonesia in SAP 4.7. t558c is Payroll Account Transfer: Old Wage Types ... is t558d replacing t558c? are they mandatory wage types to be uploaded?

regards,

bottie

0 Kudos

T558C--Payroll Account Transfer: Old Wage Types

T558D--Transfer Wage Types with Split Indicator

what we generally do here is upload this two table using the program i mentioned and make use of the mentioned schema ZNLK to run the payroll...this is just for legacy payroll data transfer ...

u will have to upload these two files in the specified format which has to b in the format mentioned in the program and one more thing ..this program has hardcoded path as c:\ so make sure u put ur excel file ther in C drive!!

reward points if it helps

regds

gunjan

0 Kudos

So there is no need to upload data to t558d? the upload program actually submit to program HINU58B0 and HINU58C0, which is only for t558b and t558c and within these two programs you can define your own path actually.

still don't get what wage types should we upload? all wage types? is it only wagetype in IT0008, 0014 and 0015? or should we upload "/*" wage types also?

btw, I cannot find how to rewards you from replying this message cause I am not the one who's starting it. No menu for it. sorry.