Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

​transaction va03 Position 000010 is not configurable

former_member647278
Participant
0 Kudos

transaction va03 Position 000010 is not configurable

what does it mean? I want to edit some text of the material but this message doesn't allow me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

1. VA03 is a display transaction, you cannot (or at least, should not be able to) modify values from there.

2. When you ask for assistance with an error message please specify the exact error message (class and number). In my system there is no message in T100 matching the text which you have specified, but there are quite a few similar ones.

3. It also makes sense that you read the long message text for further guidance (if you have not done so already).

4. It is really hard to figure out what exactly you are doing if you do not illustrate the problem with screenshots.

5. If you wish to learn about configurable materials in general - type in Google what is a configurable material in SAP sales order. You will find many useful sources of information.

5 REPLIES 5

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

1. VA03 is a display transaction, you cannot (or at least, should not be able to) modify values from there.

2. When you ask for assistance with an error message please specify the exact error message (class and number). In my system there is no message in T100 matching the text which you have specified, but there are quite a few similar ones.

3. It also makes sense that you read the long message text for further guidance (if you have not done so already).

4. It is really hard to figure out what exactly you are doing if you do not illustrate the problem with screenshots.

5. If you wish to learn about configurable materials in general - type in Google what is a configurable material in SAP sales order. You will find many useful sources of information.

0 Kudos

I use the fm save_text it returns me subrc = 0, I using commit, but it doesn't update me the texts that I want to modify. I'm going to see in va03 and in fact they are the same as before

0 Kudos
CALL FUNCTION 'SAVE_TEXT'

EXPORTING

header    = tbl_header

IMPORTING

newheader = tbl_response

TABLES

lines     = tbl_line

EXCEPTIONS

id        = 1

language  = 2

name      = 3

object    = 4

OTHERS    = 5.

IF sy-subrc = 0.

commit WORK AND WAIT.

Else.

ROLLBACK WORK.

endif.

nick.reyan as mentioned, please add sufficient information to your question so that people who cannot see your screen could help you.

From "transaction va03 Position 000010 is not configurable" it is not possible to understand what you are doing, what parameters you are passing to the FM, what is the exact error message and what has position 00010 is not configurable go to do with FM SAVE_TEXT.

Why not set a break point in SAVE_TEXT, enter the text in your sales order and save? You will know what parameters you need to specify in your program. Also, if a certain process does not perform as expected in foreground and in background there is a chance that the problem is not with your code (and such finding may save you time).

0 Kudos

Or even a break point in FM READ_TEXT if it's just a display transaction.