Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction CAT2 need a new text field in the header. How to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to enhance the transaction CAT2 and add a new text field showing the sub-group of the employee. I read that I can put code in the user exits, but how do I create the new text field in the transaction I mean the drawing of the text field to join this with the code?

Any clues?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If "header" is not a typo, then you should fist delete every data entry profile allowing multiple employees .

Then create a CMOD project using SMOD enhancement CATS0012 to manage your own header subscreen, create your dynpro and add here any field you want (if you can determine value from parameters received in EXIT_SAPLCATS_012 )

Of course if you required a field in data entry section or worklist, you need other enhancement...

Regards,

Raymond

1 REPLY 1

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If "header" is not a typo, then you should fist delete every data entry profile allowing multiple employees .

Then create a CMOD project using SMOD enhancement CATS0012 to manage your own header subscreen, create your dynpro and add here any field you want (if you can determine value from parameters received in EXIT_SAPLCATS_012 )

Of course if you required a field in data entry section or worklist, you need other enhancement...

Regards,

Raymond